Birchwood Center 15-Hour Restorative Yoga Immersion
Advanced Training for Yoga Teachers or Deepening Your Practice for Inspired Students
Restorative Yoga is an intuitive, profoundly healing, meditative practice that utilizes a variety of props (blankets, blocks, bolsters, etc) to soften the body and quiet the mind while supported in passive postures. Restorative Yoga offers students of all ages, sizes, and experience the opportunity to receive the physical and mental benefits of complete relaxation and is beneficial for anyone wishing to reduce stress, those seeking a gentler approach to yoga, recovering from injury or illness, or to balance an active yoga practice.
This 15-hour Restorative Yoga Intensive Training is designed for yoga instructors interested in incorporating this healing practice into their teaching repertoire as well as and inspired students wanting to deepen their personal practice. Upon completion, students will earn 15 hours of continuing education credits with the Yoga Alliance.
You will learn:
- a full, well rounded Restorative Yoga sequence
- how to structure a balanced practice including movement warm-up, simple pranayama practices, passive supported postures, hands-on adjustments, and meditation
- how to improvise with limited props
- how to encourage the relaxation response to release stress and anxiety
- restorative poses specific to individual needs
Birchwood Center will provide all props and materials necessary.
If you'd like to learn about our next Restorative Yoga training, please join our mailing list. Be sure to select "Teacher Training" as your interest.
- E-RYT 500