Birchwood Center 40-Hour Gentle Yoga Immersion
July 13–14 & July 27–28, 2018
Advanced Training for Yoga Teachers or Deepening Your Practice for Inspired Students
Betsy Ceva’s approach to Gentle Yoga promotes physical and mental health through the healing power of yoga, incorporating a strong but gentle physical practice, deep attention to breath, and a weaving of meditation and inner awareness into every moment and movement. Ceva’s Gentle Yoga classes highlight the importance of slow focused movement synchronized with breath to build strength, stamina, flexibility, increased range of motion, improved balance and circulation, techniques for quieting the mind and relaxing the body, and are designed for people with special needs, seniors, beginners, prenatal, recovery, and anyone who wants a quiet, meditative practice.
- Philosophy of Gentle Yoga
- Basic Gentle Yoga Techniques
- Chair Yoga
- Restorative Poses for Gentle Yoga
- Incorporating Special Needs
- Structural & Medical Issues
- Posture Modifications and Props
- Modifying for Pregnancy in a general population class
- Hands-on Assisting
- Pranayama for Gentle Yoga
- E-RYT 500Betsy Ceva specializes in Gentle Yoga, Restorative Yoga, and Hatha Yoga for beginning through advanced level students. Her experience as...
Mandatory Session Dates
Please check the dates below to make sure you will be able to attend all mandatory training sessions prior to applying. All sessions will take place at Birchwood Center, 85 S. Broadway Nyack.
- Saturday, July 14
- Sunday, July 15
- Saturday, July 28
- Sunday, July 29
“ I had a woman come in who was 7 months pregnant and thanks to your gentle yoga training I knew what to do. I didn’t panic but remembered your lessons of postures that are best for pregnancy. Thanks."
~ Nancy Schwartz
Tuition & Application
40-Hour Gentle Yoga Immersion
($850 if paid in full by June 20, 2018)
Payment in full is due by July 14, 2018. There will be no refunds once the program begins. If you withdraw from the program prior to July 14, you will receive a full refund minus a $75 processing fee. $100 deposit is required to reserve your space.Please note: This is not a certification course. Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course, not a teaching certification.
- Includes 4 mandatory meetings on Saturdays and Sundays
- 6 gentle yoga classes at Birchwood Center
Please print and fill out our application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it at the front desk.Apply Now