Birchwood Center’s 200-Hour Level I Yoga Teacher Training
Level 1 Yoga Teacher Certification or Deepen your Practice for Inspired Students
Become part of a lineage of teachers who have studied and taught the ancient wisdom of yoga, and discover why teaching yoga is such an intoxicating occupation! Birchwood Center’s Level I Yoga Teacher Training can serve as your starting point on an enlightening journey towards becoming a certified teacher of beginners and mixed level students. Experience how enriching it is to teach this venerated tradition, which brings both student and teacher closer to the truth of who we are. Those inspired to deepen their own practice and knowledge of yoga without teacher certification are also invited to take this inward journey.
- Principles of Asana and Alignment
- Principles of Vinyasa
- Teaching Methodology
- Pranayama and the Pranic Body
- Yoga Philosophy
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Introduction to Sanskrit
- Chanting, Meditation & Mudra
- Finding Your Authentic Voice
- The Business of Yoga and Presenting Yourself as a Teacher
- Betsy Ceva E-RYT 500, Director
- Julie Lifton RYT 200, Assistant Director
- Charlene Bradin E-RYT 200
- Lynne Aubrey RYT 500
- Gina Martin, Anatomy & Physiology
Our seasoned faculty offers a diverse level of experience, with expertise in styles ranging from Prana Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Iyengar Yoga and Kripalu Yoga to Betsy Ceva’s own unique blend of Hatha Yoga, meditation, and Moving Mantras. All of our teachers emphasize correct alignment and safety in postures and encourage the integration yogic philosophy into daily life.
Mandatory Session Dates
Please check the dates below to make sure you will be able to attend all mandatory training sessions prior to applying. All sessions will take place at Birchwood Center, 85 S. Broadway Nyack. Full attendance at all sessions is required for certification. 35 contact hour classes are also required with our primary faculty: Betsy Ceva, Charlene Bradin, Julie Lifton and Lynne Aubrey.
Jan 11, 18, 25 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Friday, Jan 12 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, Jan 13 – 12:00-7:00pm
Feb 1, 8, 15 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Friday, Feb 2 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, Feb 3 – 12:00-7:00pm
- Sunday, Feb 11 – 12:00-2:30pm
Mar 1, 8, 15, 22 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Friday, Mar 9 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, Mar 10 – 12:00-7:00pm
- Sunday, Mar 4 – 12:00-2:30pm
“If someone is looking for a 200 hour program, where they will learn in a safe environment, in a beautiful space, with extremely talented teachers then this is their stop.”
~ Jennifer Mayer
Apr 5, 12, 19, 26 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Friday, Apr 13 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, Apr 14 – 12:00-7:00pm
May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Friday, May 11 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, May 12 – 12:00-7:00pm
- Sunday, May 20 – 12:00-2:30pm
Jun 7, 14 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Friday, Jun 15 – 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, Jun 16 – 12:00-7:00pm
- Sunday, Mar 4 – 12:00-2:30pm
Other Key Dates
- Saturday, June 16, 2018
Unlimited Class Card
- January 11 – June 16, 2018
(included in tuition)
Optional Ashram Field Trip
- To be announced
Tuition & Application
Open to all yogis with the desire to teach. 200-hour yoga teacher certification is granted for completing this program. 6 months prior yoga experience is required. Four month payment plans based on full tuition available upon request.
$3,100 if paid in full by November 15, 2017
$3,300 if paid in full by December 15, 2017
- Includes seven mandatory weekend programs as well as Wednesday evening programs, unlimited class card for the duration of the program, manual and materials (text books not included).
- Requirements for certification include full participation in all mandatory sessions, homework, readings, classes, testing, practice teaching, and all contact hour requirements.
- Upon completion of all requirements, students receive 200-hour yoga teacher certification by Birchwood Center, a Yoga Alliance registered school.
Deepening Your Practice
Open to all yogis aspiring to deepen their practice. Certification is not granted for completing this program. Students can switch to Teacher Track prior to February 2, 2018. Four month payment plans based on full tuition available upon request.
$2,400 if paid in full by December 15, 2017
- Includes seven weekend programs as well as Wednesday evening programs, unlimited class card for the duration of the program, manual and materials (text books not included).
- Readings and monthly written assignments will be required to help deepen your practice.